Why Shred your documents?
Shred your paper documents and keep identity thieves away!
- Why Shred your documents?
Securely Destroy Sensitive Data
With Identity Fraud becoming such a high risk here in the UK, there is never a better time to ensure your family or business information doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Identity theft is a fast growing crime and over 100,000 UK residents fall victim every year. Even though we are in a cyber age and computer hacking in on the increase, most identity theft information is obtained through paper sources.
For the householder we are encouraged to recycle our domestic paperwork which has a positive effect on our environment. However many UK householders are failing to see the potential risk of Identity thieves who rummage through our recycling bins looking for personal paperwork they can use to steal from you.
Shredding Solutions for Businesses
From a commercial perspective, every business has to dispose of confidential information. Both your customers and employees have a legal right to have their information protected and it is a business’ legal requirement under the Data Protection Act of 1998 to protect this information.
(‘The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) is an Act of Parliament of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland which defines UK law on the processing of data on identifiable living people. It is the main piece of legislation that governs the protection of personal data in the UK’).
So what do you need to shred…? Anything that identifies you as a person, i.e. your name, home or work address, account details, finance details, email address, passwords and photographs, clients details and employee information etc.
Identity Data that Businesses Must Destroy Securely
- Address labels from junk mail and magazines
- Bank statements and ATM receipts
- Birth certificate copies
- Cancelled and voided cheques
- Credit and debit card receipts and statements
- Credit report histories
- Documents containing your maiden name
- Documents containing your name, address, phone and or email address
- Documents relating to investments
- Documents containing PIN numbers or passwords
- Drivers Licences or documents with drivers license number
- Employment records
- Employee pay stubs
- Expired passports
- Legal documents
- Identity cards i.e. college or University cards, employee ID badges etc
- Investment, stock or property documents.
- Items with a signature such as a lease, contract or letter
- Luggage tags
- Marriage certificate copies
- Medical and dental records
- Mobile phone bills
- Personal photos of family and friends
- Pre-approved credit card applications
- Report cards
- Resumes or Curriculum Vitae
- Tax forms such as P45’s or P60’s
- Travel itineraries
- Used airline tickets
- Utility bills such as electricity, gas, council tax and internet etc.
Our introductory 2-sack pack is ideal for smaller volumes of confidential paper such as an annual clearout of old bank statements and utility bills. Or perhaps you have recently changed jobs and have employment documents and reports to shred. The 2-sack pack gets you started!
Home movers and home office workers find our medium sized 5-sack pack is ideal. Our most popular size it has many uses such as a thorough clear out of domestic paperwork, or you need to clear a backlog of work documents. The 5-sack pack gets the job done!
The 10-sack pack is excellent value for money and caters for larger volumes of shredding. Ideal if you really need to have a big clear out, or have recently retired and have boxes of files and paperwork to securely dispose of, or business documents that are over the 7 year period.
You can trust us
logged_in_greeting="Hi! How can we help you with your shredding needs?"
logged_out_greeting="Hi! How can we help you with your shredding needs?">